Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- Office location
- Service location
- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Service areas
- Life Sciences
- Materials Science
- Molecular Electronics
- Drug Delivery
- Protein Chemistry
- Mining Technologies
- Manufacturing and Fibre/Textiles
- Bioconjugation and Protein Modification
- Self-assembled Systems
- Biomedical Engineering and Medical Devices
- Bachelor of Science in Nanotechnology (Hons), University of New South Wales, 2008
- PhD, University of New South Wales, 2013
- Master of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne, 2016
- Registered Australian Patent and Trade Marks Attorney, 2016
- Direct telephone
- +61 2 9285 2911
- Year joined
- Year qualified
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute (Member)
- Australian Nanotechnology Network (Member)
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Member)
- Download vCard for David
David has experience in drafting and prosecution of patent applications in chemistry and applied chemistry both in Australia and overseas. He has drafted and prosecuted applications in a range of fields including mining technologies, nanoscale drug delivery systems, plasticisers, paint compositions, pharmaceuticals and cement technologies.
Prior to joining Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick, David completed his undergraduate degree in Nanotechnology (Hons Class I) at the University of New South Wales (UNSW), for which he was awarded the university medal. This experience gave David a strong grounding in the fundamentals of multidisciplinary science including physics, biology, chemistry and materials science. During his Honours year, he studied self-assembled hydrogels as potential drug carriers against cancer cells.
David then went on to complete a PhD at UNSW, where his thesis investigated light harvesting bioconjugates as photosynthetic mimics. David developed deep cross-disciplinary experience in protein chemistry, organic chemistry, polymer chemistry and imaging techniques, including electron and fluorescence microscopy. David was also awarded the Cornforth Medal for the most outstanding PhD thesis in chemistry.
David’s research has been presented at many local and international conferences, including the American Chemical Society National Meeting in San Diego, USA, as well as Pacifichem in Hawaii, USA. His work has received awards at both national and international conferences, in addition to receiving a research excellence award from UNSW. David’s work has also been featured in several high-impact journals, and he has published a book chapter for the Royal Society of Chemistry.
大卫的研究发表在许多的国内和国际会议包括第243美国化学学会全国会议和Pacifichem。他的研究获得许多国内和国际会议的奖章。他的研究也被刊登在几个高影响力化学期刊和一本书章节。在2013年，大卫荣获康福思奖章 （Cornforth Medal)。康福思奖章是表彰澳大利亚最优秀的化学博士论文。