Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- Office location
- Service locations
- Regional Victoria
- Service areas
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive engineering
- Environmental technology
- Processes and packaging
- Medical devices
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Chisholm Institute of Technology (now Monash University),1986
- Registered Australian and New Zealand Patent and Trade Marks Attorney, 1992
- Direct telephone
- +61 3 9622 2274
- Year joined
- Year qualified
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (Current Australian President)
- Download vCard for Andrew
Following graduation, Andrew gained two years’ industrial experience as an engineer in the packaging industry, before commencing with Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick in 1989. He has almost 30 years’ intellectual property (IP) experience in the mechanical and civil engineering fields.
Andrew acts for a broad range of clients and has extensive experience in the filing and securing of IP rights through patents, trade marks and designs throughout the world. Andrew’s clients are active in the automotive, mining, packaging, medical device, construction and manufacturing industries. In addition to drafting and prosecution services, Andrew also provides infringement and strategic advice.
Andrew regularly conducts client seminars and has co-authored various papers on IP topics. In 2005, Andrew completed a Master class in US Patent Drafting.
Andrew is the current President of AIPPI Australia, which is the Australian chapter of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property. This role allows him to stay at the forefront of local and international developments in IP.