Trade Marks Attorney
- Office location
- Service locations
- Trade Marks
- Service areas
- Trade Marks
- Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
- Brand protection
- Customs proceedings
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Rennes, 2001
- Master of Laws specialising in Intellectual Property (LLM), University of Edinburgh, 2002
- Master of Laws, University of Rennes, 2003
- Registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney, 2010
- Direct telephone
- +61 3 9622 2231
- Year joined
- Year qualified
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Member)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (Member)
- Association des praticiens du droit des marques et des modeles (Member)
- Download vCard for Marine
Prior to immigrating to Australia, Marine worked in the intellectual property (IP) department of French car manufacturer, Renault, and at a patent and trade marks attorney firm based in Paris. Marine also gained valuable experience in anti-counterfeiting as an in-house lawyer for the French anti-counterfeiting group, Union Des Fabricants (Unifab). There, she represented several member companies in Customs proceedings, and lobbied at the national and international level in favour of better protection of IP rights. Marine participated in working groups such as Interpol Intellectual Property Crime Action Group and Global Anti Counterfeiting Group.
Marine has also been the anti-counterfeiting area manager at Société Bic, and travelled to South America and Eastern Europe to coordinate legal actions and investigations against counterfeiters. Marine represented Bic Company in Customs training and seminars held by the World Customs organisation.
Marine joined Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick Lawyers as a trade marks attorney in 2008. She advises clients on trade mark searching and prosecution, and specialises in anti-counterfeiting programs, customs proceedings and training.
Since 2015 Marine has been ranked as one of Australia’s top five experts in anti-counterfeiting in the World Trademark Review 1000.
Marine has been recognised as a leading practitioner in the WTR 1000 2019.