The Priority Industry Capability (PIC) Innovation Program is an Australian Government initiative that will invest up to $45 million in grants into Australia’s defence industry over the next 8 years. Companies working in the Australian defence sector can apply for grants of up to $4 million per project, to help fund new and innovative projects that will benefit strategically important defence industry capabilities, known as Priority Industry Capabilities (PICs).
The first funding round for the PIC Innovation Program has opened, with applications closing on 6 January 2012.
Innovative projects that improve particular aspects of the following PICs may be considered:
- Acoustic technologies and systems
- Anti-tampering capabilities
- Electronic warfare
- ‘High end’ system and ‘system of systems’ integration
- High frequency and phased array radars
- Infantry weapons and remote weapons stations
- In-service support of Collins class submarine combat systems
- Selected ballistic munitions and explosives
- Ship dry docking and common user facilities
- Signature management
- Through-life and real time support of mission critical and safety critical software