Whether you are in fashion, pharmaceuticals, FMCG, automotive, or one of many other industries, you face the risk of someone else manufacturing and selling counterfeit copies of your products. Counterfeit products are an increasing problem in Australia, and can be very damaging for the intellectual property (IP) owner, the consumers who purchase the goods, and the Australian economy. Over time, counterfeit goods can damage a brand’s reputation, decrease sales and even put consumers at risk.
We have a dedicated anti-counterfeiting team with extensive experience helping IP owners take action against the importers and distributors of counterfeit products. As the exclusive Australian and New Zealand partner of REACT, a leading global anti-counterfeiting organisation headquartered in Europe, we can also facilitate the enforcement of your IP rights in Europe. If you believe that someone is selling counterfeit versions of your products, or using your trade marks (or similar trade marks) without your permission, we can help you with:
- recording registered trade marks and copyright works with Australian and New Zealand Customs
- providing training for Customs staff in recognising counterfeit versions of your goods
- issuing letters of demand
- obtaining court orders for the seizure of goods and evidence
- supervising the destruction of counterfeit goods
- fighting counterfeiting in manufacturing countries through our global network
- initiating litigation against traders who manufacture, import, sell or counterfeit goods.
Who to contact
*Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.