- Calling all graduates with a Physics/Electronics focus
- Excellent opportunity to start your IP career with full study support
- Adelaide CBD location
Calling all Scientists/Physicists/Engineers and Trainee Patent Attorneys! Are you looking to put your Physics/Electronics/Engineering qualification to work in a unique, challenging and innovative way? Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick has the perfect opportunity for a Trainee Patent Attorney to join one of the most experienced and diversely qualified IP Engineering teams in Australia!
As a full service Intellectual Property firm located in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, our highly regarded patent attorneys work to:
- pursue patent protection for our clients, including drafting patent specifications and prosecuting applications from filing to patent grant;
- conduct searches of technical information;
- provide patentability, competitor landscape and infringement advice;
- handle patent oppositions; and
- work with an international network of intellectual property firms to manage our clients’ global patent portfolios.
Your ambitious nature will see your career develop. Whilst you embark on obtaining your Patent Attorney registration, you will be supported with on the job training and exposure to attain business acumen and management skills. A willingness to take on business development opportunities is essential. Your client handling skills will ensure your success in this fast paced working environment with a variety of work from a strong client base of both local and international clients.
Industry experience where you have applied your knowledge of electronics, physics, audio/video/optics and/or engineering will be highly regarded as well as skills and knowledge in information and communications technology (ICT).
You must have strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and an eye for detail.
If you are a motivated, enthusiastic individual seeking an opportunity to launch your career in the Intellectual Property arena we would like to hear from you.
Please forward your curriculum vitae, covering letter and academic transcripts in confidence, to email@example.com
Alternatively, contact Danielle Mosele, People & Development Coordinator (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close Monday 7 November, 2016.
We prefer to deal with candidates directly. Applications put forward by agencies will not be considered at this time.