Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks and designs both domestically and internationally.
About the role
We are seeking an organised, motivated and ambitious People & Development (P&D) Coordinator who is ready to consolidate their experience in a small supportive team environment. Working alongside the P&D Manager, this full-time or part-time (0.8) permanent role will be involved in some very exciting projects and will be involved in the full range of employee life cycle activities, in addition to having key oversight and responsibilities of discreet areas of the P&D portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing P&D queries, ensuring enquiries are answered promptly
- Coordinating employee life cycle processes and preparing documentation and correspondence
- Creating and distributing new employment contracts and onboarding documents
- Coordinating resourcing in IP support areas
- Researching HR best practice concepts
- Providing advice to employees including advising on policies and procedures
- Assisting and drafting policies and procedures
- Assisting and overseeing recruitment activities
- Assisting with annual P&D processes, including developing and transforming current processes
- Assisting with the processing of monthly payroll
- Managing and leading P&D projects including the Health & Wellbeing Committee
- Managing our workplace compliance online training system
- Solid HR administration experience
- HR qualification desirable but not essential
- Motivation to take ownership of projects and tasks, seeing them through to completion
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- IT and systems proficiency
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and maintain attention to detail
- Experience maintaining confidentiality with sensitive employee information
We encourage and welcome applications from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
About our workplace
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our supportive culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial environment with a healthy work/life balance, while having access to rewarding career prospects within the structure of an independently and privately-owned firm.
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Purchased annual leave
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Health & Wellbeing programs
If you are looking to step up and take on more responsibility and ownership, then this is the role for you! The P&D portfolio has an impressive list of initiatives and projects that this role will assist in developing and implementing.
We are looking for a self-assured, “can-do” person who is keen to develop a broad range of skills outside of the typical HR Administration responsibilities. This may well suit a recent HR graduate with some HR administration experience.
Flexible work and work from home arrangements for a great candidate will be considered.
How to Apply
Click here to apply through SEEK and please include your resume and cover letter.
For more information, contact Paola Rio P&D Manager (03) 9622 2108 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB Wednesday 02 June 2021. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.