About the role
We are currently seeking a passionate People & Development Manager to drive our people strategy and lead the day-to-day operations of our established people function.
Working closely with the General Manager and Managing Principal, you will provide advice and support to senior management at all levels on all aspects of the employment lifecycle including key talent acquisition, talent management, performance, succession planning, employee engagement, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, employee relations and organisational change.
Ideally, you will have experience as a P&D Manager or are looking to progress from a Senior HR role.
Reporting to the General Manager on a part time (0.6 FTE) basis, your key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee a best practice human resource team, equipping the firm to address people issues strategically and operationally.
- Team management and people and development coaching and support across the firm, to continue to promote our celebrated positive work culture.
- Develop and drive initiatives to enhance firm culture that align with the values and purpose of the firm, our employee value proposition, to attract and retain talent.
- Manage the annual people processes ensuring that appropriate plans are in place for managing succession, retention, talent and career development.
- Oversee the firms learning and development program of works alongside the L&D Specialist.
- Oversee the firms diversity and inclusion program of works alongside the D&I Specialist.
- Oversee the firms generalist human resources program of works alongside the P&D Specialist.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant employment laws and provide ongoing guidance to the business regarding changes within the legislative landscape.
- Present at the monthly management committee meeting.
- Proactively identify and provide risk management analysis/solutions.
You are an experienced Human Resources professional who brings expert knowledge of generalist human resources policies and practices, with significant capability in business partnering.
You have a record of strong people leadership and stakeholder engagement capability, and a collaborative and consultative style.You are keen to drive innovation through initiatives, projects & hands on implementation, to ensure the ongoing growth and success of the firm.
You possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, and have demonstrated adaptability, initiative, and organisational capabilities.
Experience in a professional services environment will be highly regarded.
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with 100+ people across offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Our Melbourne office is centrally located at 333 Collins Street. Our main business is in the procurement and defence of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs for our clients both domestically and internationally.
We operate at the forefront of innovation and technology, providing our people with opportunities to contribute to real and rewarding outcomes. Our client base is diverse and ranges from individual inventors through to leading multinational corporations.
We are committed to fostering a culture of engagement and collaboration, where our people feel supported and empowered in their roles.
POF was officially recognised as an Inclusive Employer 2021-22 by the Diversity Council of Australia. Our inclusive culture enables us to perform at a high level, ensuring we can provide our clients with considered and innovative outcomes.
About our workplace
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our people bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive, inclusive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Gender-neutral paid parental carers leave
- Salary continuance
- Generous leave provisions
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Reward and recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
Should you require any specific support or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please let us know and we will be happy to assist.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
Applications close on COB 11 August 2023. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.