About the role
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is seeking a registered patent attorney to join our rapidly growing Electronics, Physics & IT team in Sydney. The ideal candidate must be degree qualified (or higher) in electrical or electronics engineering, computer systems engineering, information and communications technology (ICT) or a related field and will be registered as an Australian and New Zealand patent attorney. Industry experience where you have applied your knowledge of electronics, computer systems and/or ICT will be highly regarded.
You must have:
- strong analytical and problem-solving abilities,
- exceptional technical knowledge,
- an eye for detail,
- excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- advanced Computer skills and database researching skills,
- business acumen and willingness to engage with existing and prospective clients.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications in Australia and internationally,
- Preparing high quality written and verbal IP advice in a timely manner,
- Patent portfolio management for local and international clients,
- Preparing and delivering presentations internally and externally,
- Participating in networking events, seminars and business development activities
POF is one of Australia’s leading IP firms with locations in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Hobart. We offer strategic IP advice and patent and trade mark procurement and enforcement services to a diverse range of local and international clients to support their business objectives. POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our supportive culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial environment with a healthy work/life balance, while having access to rewarding career prospects within the structure of an independently and privately-owned firm.
POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Purchased annual leave
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Salary continuance & Life Insurance
This is a genuine opportunity to advance your career, with future partnership prospects for the right candidate. If you are a motivated, enthusiastic individual wanting to join a successful team with a reputation for excellence, we would like to hear from you.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via Seek by clicking HERE.
For more information, contact Paola Rio P&D Manager (03) 9622 2108 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB Friday 10 July 2020. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.