About the role
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is seeking a degree qualified (or higher) individual to support a rapidly growing Electronics, Physics & IT practice in its Sydney office. The ideal candidate will have qualifications in electrical or electronics engineering, computer systems engineering, mechatronic engineering or a related field.
The preferred candidate will be registered as an Australian and New Zealand patent attorney (attorney or Associate level) or be in the process of studying to become a registered attorney.
Industry experience where you have applied your knowledge of electronics, computer systems and/or information and communications technology (ICT) will be highly regarded.
You must have strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and an eye for detail. The role will involve various business development activities and a candidate with business acumen and a willingness to engage with existing and prospective clients through networking, client education and other opportunities will be preferred.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Research various intellectual property matters, statutes, subject areas relating to Patents
- Prepare and approve all documentation for the filing of Patent Applications
- Draft well-constructed written material in a timely manner
- Prepare advice, both written and verbal for clients, associates and the Patent Office
- Draft specifications and make amendments to international filings as required
- Participating in business development activities including giving presentations and networking
- If not yet qualified as a Patent Attorney, complete knowledge requirements and achieve the required skill levels for registration
- Must have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate technology with a higher qualification preferred
- Previous experience is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including giving presentations and
- Ability to communicate with clients, staff and Partners
- Advanced Computer skills, database researching skills and problem-solving abilities
POF is one of Australia’s leading Patent and Trade Mark Attorney firms and is proudly independently owned. As a full service Intellectual Property firm located in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, our highly regarded patent attorneys work to:
Provide strategic IP advice to our clients to support their business objectives
Pursue patent protection for our clients, including drafting patent specifications and prosecuting applications from filing to patent grant;
Conduct searches of technical information;
Provide patentability, competitor landscape and infringement advice;
Handle patent oppositions; and
Work with an international network of intellectual property firms to manage our clients’ global patent portfolios.
POF prides itself on providing its employees with a healthy work/life balance while offering rewarding career prospects within the structure of an independent and privately-owned firm.
This is a genuine opportunity to advance your career, with future partnership prospects for the right candidate. If you are a motivated, enthusiastic individual wanting join a successful team with a reputation for excellence, we would like to hear from you.
About our workplace
Apart from working in a collegial environment which offers genuine work-life balance, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Purchased annual leave
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible working options
- In house Yoga and book club
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Salary continuance & Life Insurance
How to Apply
Click the ‘Apply’ button and include your resume and cover letter via Seek.
For more information, contact Paola Rio P&D Manager (03) 9622 2108 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB Friday 28 February 2020. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.