About the role
An excellent opportunity exists for a highly organised, motivated, experienced Legal Assistant to join our firm. No two days are the same, offering variety in your day to day functions within a role supporting four Lawyers. This role will see you quickly become an invaluable team member within the department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of correspondence and court documents
- Preparing and editing documents
- Diary management and allocations
- Monthly billing
- Ad-hoc administration tasks
- Previous Legal Assistant experience within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong administration experience and skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Confident in preparation of court documents and briefs
- IT proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as autonomously
If you value working flexibly and would love the opportunity to work within a high performing team then this is the role for you! If you are a motivated, enthusiastic individual wanting to join a successful team with a reputation for excellence, we would like to hear from you.
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately-owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. POF is made up of three key areas of operation, each specialising in a different aspect of IP:
- Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) – A patent and trade mark attorney firm specialising in obtaining and maintaining patents, trademarks, registered designs and plant breeder’s rights.
- Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick Lawyers (POFL) - A law firm with a strong reputation in IP litigation and advising on and drafting IP agreements. With the majority of our lawyers being experienced registered patent attorneys with qualifications in science or engineering, our technical expertise gives us the advantage of understanding the key technical issues in patent litigation.
- IP Organisers (IPO) – A specialist search and investigations company providing IP research and searching services, as well as IP portfolio audits and reporting services. As a registered investigation agency, IPO also has an in-house private investigator.
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our supportive culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial environment with a healthy work/life balance, while having access to rewarding career prospects within the structure of an independently and privately-owned firm.
POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Purchased annual leave
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Health & Wellbeing programs
How to Apply
Click here to apply through Seek and include your resume and cover letter.
For more information, contact Maddie Stanboultgis, P&D Coordinator (03) 9622 2246 for a confidential discussion.