About the role
We are currently seeking an IP Legal Assistant to join one of our busiest patent filing and prosecution teams servicing clients in the Electronics, Physics & I.T. and Medical Devices sector.
This full-time role will give an individual the opportunity to be trained across several key areas within the firm. This training will see you become a valuable member of one of our highly efficient and effective client service teams, working with our bespoke IP document management system on a day-to-day basis.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of documents and correspondence as required
- Diary management and workflow allocations
- Dictations as required
- Monthly billing
- Providing ad hoc assistance to all areas of the business
- Timely, efficient, and accurate secretarial support for our professional staff
- Superior administration skills with an outstanding eye for detail
- Comfortable with various IT applications and proficient in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills with the ability to deliver results within specific timeframes
- Demonstrated adaptability, initiative, and organisational skills
- IP Legal Assistant experience valued but not essential
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, our Melbourne office located centrally on 333 Collins Street. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs both domestically and internationally.
We operate at the forefront of innovation and technology, providing our people with opportunities to contribute to real and rewarding outcomes. Our client base is diverse and ranges from individual inventors through to leading multinational corporations.
We are committed to fostering a culture of engagement and collaboration, where our people feel supported and empowered in their roles.
Our inclusive culture enables us to perform at a high level, ensuring we can provide our clients with considered and innovative outcomes. POF was officially recognised as an Inclusive Employer 2021-22 by the Diversity Council of Australia.
About our workplace
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our people bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive, inclusive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Gender-neutral paid parental carers leave
- Purchased annual leave
- Salary continuance
- Generous Leave provisions (pandemic, vaccine, family violence paid leave)
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Reward & Recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
Should you require any specific support or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us and we will be happy to assist.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information, contact Rachele Narayan, P&D Advisor on (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB 1 April 2023. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.