About the role
We are seeking a full-time IP Legal Assistant to join one of our busiest patent filing and prosecution teams servicing clients in the Electronics, Physics and I.T. (EPIT) sector.
The successful candidate will receive comprehensive training across several key areas within the business. This training will see you become a valuable member of our highly regarded EPIT patents team, working with our bespoke IP document management system on a day-to-day basis.
Reporting to patent attorneys working to protect high tech inventions in the areas of telecommunications, electronics, Artificial Intelligence, physics and medical devices, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing timely, efficient, and accurate secretarial support for our professional staff
- Preparing and editing patent documents and attending to electronic lodgement
- Preparing and reviewing correspondence with clients
- Email and diary management including workflow allocations
- Dictation typing as required
- Invoice preparation
- Providing ad hoc assistance to other areas of the business when required
- Superior administration skills with attention to detail
- Adaptable with initiative and exceptional organisational skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Comfortable with various IT applications and proficient in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver results within specific timeframes
- Previous IP Legal Assistant experience valued but not essential
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Hobart. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs both domestically and internationally.
About our workplace
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Purchased annual leave
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Generous Leave provisions (pandemic, vaccine, family violence paid leave)
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Reward & Recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply through SEEK, please include your resume and cover letter.
For more information, contact Rachele Narayan, P&D Coordinator on (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB 17 September 2021. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.