About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a talented Learning & Development Specialist to join our people team in Melbourne. This newly created part-time role will see you work closely with the Head of People & Development to deliver on our people strategy to build and engage our L&D function across the firm.
The role is part time, and whilst we don’t have a set number of days in mind, we are open to discussing flexible working options that suit you.
Reporting to the Head of People & Development, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with various leaders across the firm to identify firm training needs and propose appropriate evidence-based training related interventions
- Creating, implementing, and managing firm professional and personal development programs, including the development of quality learning support materials
- Researching, recommending, and coordinating the implementation of modern, best practice capability development methods, techniques, and strategies
- Overseeing and maintaining the firms’ relationships with third party training providers
- Managing the delivery of L&D training including compliance and D&I training
- Identifying skill gaps within the firm and introducing learning and development interventions to bridge the gaps
- Degree qualified in HRM psychology, education, business, and/or related business experience
- Previous experience in a Learning & Development role or similar
- Experience recommending, developing, designing and/or managing learning programs in line with business outcomes and company values
- Ability to build highly effective consultative and collaborative relationships
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and written skills
- Strong analytical skills to assess both business needs and monitor training effectiveness
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs both domestically and internationally.
We operate at the forefront of innovation and technology, providing our people with opportunities to contribute to real and rewarding outcomes.
Our client base is diverse and ranges from individual inventors through to leading multinational corporations. We are committed to fostering a culture of engagement and collaboration, where our people feel supported and empowered in their roles. Our diverse and inclusive workforce enables us to perform at a high level, ensuring we can provide our clients with considered and innovative outcomes.
About our workplace
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Paid parental carers leave
- Purchased annual leave
- Salary continuance
- Generous Leave provisions (pandemic, vaccine, family violence paid leave)
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Reward & Recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
How to Apply
Email your application to email@example.com and include your resume and cover letter.
For more information, contact Rachele Narayan, P&D Advisor on (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB 28 October 2022. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.