About the role
This newly created role will see you become an integral part of the team, providing services in licensing, transactions and technology area.
We work with our clients in the creation, protection and commercialisation of valuable intellectual property rights.
Reporting to the Special Counsel in POFL, your key responsibilities will include:
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating various agreements related to the commercialisation and exploitation of intellectual property rights,
- Drafting and providing advice on technology contracts including software development, software licenses and end user licence agreements;
- Drafting pre-transaction documents such as MOU’s and confidentiality agreements,
- Advising on intellectual property issues, data and privacy related matters,
- Drafting and reviewing website terms of services and privacy policies.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in intellectual property, technology or general commercial contracts
- Exposure and knowledge of contract, commercial, and intellectual property law
- Experience in technology transactions is desirable
- A desire for challenging and interesting work and to help others commercialise their intellectual property
- An ability to work in a collaborative environment with our IP litigators and the patent and trade marks attorneys
- Experience in stakeholder management and client relationship skills is desirable
- Enthusiasm for all things intellectual property and technology
If you are a motivated, enthusiastic lawyer seeking an opportunity to work on a broad range of IP matters and be part of a growing transactional IP practice, we would like to hear from you.
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs both domestically and internationally.
We operate at the forefront of innovation and technology, providing our people with opportunities to contribute to real and rewarding outcomes. Our client base is diverse and ranges from individual inventors through to leading multinational corporations.
We are committed to fostering a culture of engagement and collaboration, where our people feel supported and empowered in their roles. Our diverse and inclusive workforce enables us to perform at a high level, ensuring we can provide our clients with considered and innovative outcomes. Most recently, POF was officially recognised as an Inclusive Employer 2021-22 by the Diversity Council of Australia.
About our workplace
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Gender-neutral paid parental carers leave
- Purchased annual leave
- Salary continuance
- Generous Leave provisions (pandemic, vaccine, family violence paid leave)
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Reward & Recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and cover letter.
For more information, contact Rachele Narayan, P&D Advisor on (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB 14 October 2022. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.