- Calling all experienced Operations Managers
- Perfect leadership opportunity within an experienced team
- Melbourne CBD Location.
A fantastic opportunity has presented itself to join one of Australia’s leading Patent and Trade Mark Attorney firms!
If you are looking for a new challenge within a professional services firm with a focus on optimising work practices and leading a high performing team, this is the role for you!
Your strong operational and analytical skills combined with your well-developed supervisory capability will see you hit the ground running in this integral role. You will be leading Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick’s close knit Operations team responsible for the procedural aspects of the filing, registration and renewal of patents, trade marks and designs. A large part of your responsibilities will be leading the continuous improvement of the POF Group’s integrated Intellectual Property work practices in close consultation with the Group’s Operations Partners, Information Technology and Finance. This leadership role provides an integral link between Operations, Attorneys, Lawyers and Secretaries.
In addition to optimising work practices, you will be required to:
- Lead, motivate and support Operations team members and manage team resourcing, utilisation and training.
- Set and manage service standards and priorities in consultation with Group’s Operations Partners and implement tactics to manage periods of peak activity.
- Work collaboratively with IT to develop, implement and reinforce quality control and quality assurance measures and processes to ensure the accuracy of system data.
- Reinforce best practice ways of working and support People & Development and IT in the development, refinement and delivery of training content and programs.
You will need to have:
- Strong operational experience preferably within a professional services setting.
- Demonstrated success in delivering process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Experience with quality control measures related to data integrity. The ability to query and retrieve information from a database is desirable but not essential.
You will need to be:
- A skilled facilitator with proven stakeholder management, influencing and negotiation skills
- Hands on, flexible and adaptable to changing needs
Comprehensive induction training will be provided including intensive training on the Group’s information systems.
If you are a motivated, enthusiastic individual seeking an opportunity to grow your Operations Management career in the Intellectual Property arena we would like to hear from you.
Please forward your curriculum vitae, covering letter and academic transcripts in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, contact Jenita Harrison, People & Development Manager (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close Monday September 12, 2016.
We prefer to deal with you directly. Applications put forward by agencies will not be considered at this time.