About the role
We are currently seeking an Intellectual Property Administrator to join our IP Operations team. This full-time role will give an individual the opportunity to work autonomously, as well as work alongside our skilled Operations Group.
The ideal candidate will be motivated & teach savvy with a background in administration/data entry. Reporting to the Operations Team Leaders and the Operations Manager, your key responsibilities will include;
- IP tasks such as renewals, examination requests, processing certificates
- Receiving directions from internal and external clients to action appropriately
- Submitting requests with IP Australia and the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand as well as other relevant bodies
- Capturing and recording accurate dates and numbers from incoming correspondence
- Entering and maintaining case files and client records
- Confirming accuracy of data comparing data entered with source documents
- Preparing well-constructed written material for key clients
- Savvy with new IT systems and proficient in MS Office
- Strong experience within a similar data entry role
- Superior administrative skills, particularly in file handling
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written communication skills
- Demonstrated adaptability, initiative, and organisational skills
- IP experience desirable but not essential
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs both domestically and internationally.
We operate at the forefront of innovation and technology, providing our people with opportunities to contribute to real and rewarding outcomes. Our client base is diverse and ranges from individual inventors through to leading multinational corporations.
We are committed to fostering a culture of engagement and collaboration, where our people feel supported and empowered in their roles. Our diverse and inclusive workforce enables us to perform at a high level, ensuring we can provide our clients with considered and innovative outcomes. Most recently, POF was officially recognised as an Inclusive Employer 2021-22 by the Diversity Council of Australia.
About our workplace
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Gender-neutral paid parental carers leave
- Purchased annual leave
- Salary continuance
- Generous Leave provisions (pandemic, vaccine, family violence paid leave)
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Reward & Recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
Should you require any specific support or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us and we will be happy to assist.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and cover letter.
For more information, contact Rachele Narayan, P&D Advisor on (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB 12 February 2023. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.