About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly organised Administrator to join our IP Operations team to work with our bespoke IP document management system to maintain client files, and ultimately help our clients transform their creativity and innovations into commercial edge.
This full-time role based in the Melbourne CBD will give an individual the opportunity to work autonomously, as well as work alongside our skilled Operations team.
Reporting to the Operations Team Leaders and the Operations Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- IP tasks such as renewals, examination requests, processing certificates
- Receiving directions from internal and external clients to action appropriately
- Submitting requests with IP Australia and the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand as well as other relevant bodies
- Capturing and recording accurate data from incoming correspondence
- Entering and maintaining case files and client records
- Confirming accuracy of data comparing data entered with source documents
- Preparing well-constructed written material for key clients
You are a tech savvy experienced administrator (ideally with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar professional services environment).
You take ownership and responsibility for tasks and love improving ways of working.
You are a team player with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
And you must have:
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Sound knowledge of MS Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & Teams
- Experience of various IT applications and databases
- Superior organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated adaptability and initiative skills
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise in high volume environments
And ideally you will have:
- Experience in workflow management and client file handling
- Knowledge of the Intellectual Property industry
- Experience drafting client correspondence
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, our Melbourne office located centrally on 333 Collins Street. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs both domestically and internationally.
We operate at the forefront of innovation and technology, providing our people with opportunities to contribute to real and rewarding outcomes. Our client base is diverse and ranges from individual inventors through to leading multinational corporations.
We are committed to fostering a culture of engagement and collaboration, where our people feel supported and empowered in their roles.
Our inclusive culture enables us to perform at a high level, ensuring we can provide our clients with considered and innovative outcomes. POF was officially recognised as an Inclusive Employer 2021-22 by the Diversity Council of Australia.
About our workplace
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our people bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive, inclusive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Gender-neutral paid parental carers leave
- Salary continuance
- Generous Leave provisions (pandemic, vaccine, family violence paid leave)
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Reward & Recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
Should you require any specific support or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us and we will be happy to assist.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
Applications close COB 7 August 2023. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment