Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks and designs both domestically and internationally.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Intellectual Property Researcher to join our IPO team. This full-time or part-time role will give a logical individual the opportunity to work autonomously as well as in an experienced small team of professionals.
Reporting to the IPO Partner, your Key Responsibilities will include;
- Conducting information research for key clients
- Researching various intellectual property matters via web-based information sources relating to Patents, Trade Marks and Business Names
- Assisting with the maintenance of several commercial and information-based websites
- Preparing well-constructed written material based on results from research information
- Excellent internet researching skills with a high attention to detail
- Ideally you hold a Science Degree qualification with a Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Engineering major (or similar studies)
- Ideally 2+ years’ experience within a similar role
- Highly Competent with various IT applications and MS Office
- Strong interpersonal as well as written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet conflicting deadlines
- Adaptable with initiative and exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to be pro-active in identifying areas where improvements can be made in relation to work processes
- Excellent prioritisation skills to ensure critical dates are not bypassed
About our workplace
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, working at POF offers employees a range of benefits and initiatives:
- Purchased annual leave
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Salary continuance & Life Insurance
If you are looking to join a dynamic workplace with a close-knit team, please follow the steps below to submit your application. Flexible work arrangements for the successful candidate will be considered and ideally you will be able to work 2-5 days per week.
Please note this is a permanent position and you must have full working rights to be the successful applicant.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter through our Seek Page by clicking here.
For more information, contact Paola Rio, P&D Manager on (03) 9622 2108 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB Friday 13th December 2019. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.