- A permanent full-time role
- Melbourne CBD location
- Be part of a firm supporting clients at the leading edge of technology and innovation
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks and designs both domestically and internationally.
About the role
We are currently seeking a motivated and organised IP Legal Assistant to join one of our busy patent filing and prosecution teams servicing clients in the Electronics and I.T. sector.
This is an exciting opportunity which will see you trained across a number of key areas in the organisation. This training will see you become a valuable member of one of our highly efficient and effective client service teams, working with our bespoke IP document management system on a day to day basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and editing documents
- Preparing and reviewing correspondence to clients
- Diary management and workflow allocations
- Dictaphone typing
- Monthly billing
- Providing ad hoc assistance to all areas of the business
- Timely, efficient and accurate secretarial support for our professional staff as well as providing administrative support to the broader team as needed.
- Excellent administration skills with attention to detail
- Comfortable with various IT applications and proficient in MS Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to prioritise workloads to meet conflicting deadlines
- Adaptable with initiative and exceptional organisational skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Previous IP Legal Assistant experience valued but not essential
About our workplace
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, working at POF offers employees a range of benefits and initiatives:
- Purchased annual leave
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible working options
- In house Yoga and book club
- Health &Wellbeing programs
- Salary continuance & Life Insurance
If you are looking to join a dynamic and highly productive patent team where your valued contribution will help drive efficiency and productivity you may have found the perfect role!
To apply, please submit a covering letter and CV in confidence to email@example.com.
For more information, contact Paola Rio P&D Manager (03) 9622 2108 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB Friday 30 August 2019