About the role
We are currently seeking a motivated and organised IP Legal Assistant to join one of our busy patent filing and prosecution teams servicing clients in the Electronics and I.T. sector.
This is an exciting opportunity which will see you trained across a number of key areas in the organisation. This training will see you become a valuable member of one of our highly regarded EPIT patents team, working with our bespoke IP document management system on a day to day basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Timely, efficient and accurate secretarial and administrative support for our professional staff
- Preparing and editing documents
- Preparing and reviewing correspondence to clients
- Diary management and workflow allocations
- Dictaphone typing
- Invoice preparation
- Providing ad hoc assistance to all areas of the business
- Adaptable with initiative and exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent administration skills with attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Comfortable with various IT applications and proficient in MS Office
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet critical deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous IP Legal Assistant experience valued but not essential
If you are looking to join a dynamic and highly productive patent team where your valued contribution will help drive efficiency and productivity you may have found the perfect role!
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned and independently operated patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks and designs both domestically and internationally.
About our workplace
Apart from working in a collegial environment which offers genuine work-life balance, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Purchased annual leave
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible working options
- In house Yoga and book club
- Health &Wellbeing programs
- Salary continuance & Life Insurance
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply and include your resume and cover letter.
For more information, contact Paola Rio P&D Manager (03) 9622 2108 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB Wednesday 15 January 2020. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.