Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks and designs both domestically and internationally.
About the role
We are currently seeking an Intellectual Property Administrator to join our IP Operations team. This full-time role will give an individual the opportunity to work autonomously, as well as work alongside our skilled Operations Group.
Reporting to the Operations Team Leaders and the Operations Manager, your key responsibilities will include;
- Entering and maintaining case files and client records
- Receiving directions from internal and external clients to action appropriately
- Submitting requests with IP Australia and the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand as well as other relevant bodies
- IP related tasks such as renewals, examination requests, processing certificates
- Capturing and recording accurate dates and numbers from incoming correspondence
- Confirming accuracy of data comparing data entered with source documents
- Preparing well-constructed written material for key clients
- Savvy with new IT systems and proficient in MS Office
- Strong experience within a similar data entry role
- Superior administrative skills, particularly in file handling
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written communication skills
- Demonstrated adaptability, initiative, and organisational skills
- IP experience desirable but not essential
About our workplace
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our supportive culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial environment with a healthy work/life balance, while having access to rewarding career prospects within the structure of an independently and privately-owned firm.
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Purchased annual leave
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Covid-19 Vaccination Leave
- Family Violence Leave
Flexible, part time work and work from home arrangements for a great candidate will be considered.
POF aims to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/partner status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply through SEEK, please include your resume and cover letter.
For more information, contact Rachele Narayan, P&D Coordinator on (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB 9 September 2021. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.