- A leadership role with a focus on business development
- A chance to work on challenging and interesting work
- A career move in the right direction
Calling all intellectual property (IP) and IT lawyers looking for the opportunity to mentor and lead an experienced team. Are you looking to use you substantial IP/IT and commercial expertise, working with and building a varied client base? This opportunity will see you join an experienced team of IP lawyers and litigators in the Commercial Group at Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick Lawyers.
The Commercial Group focuses on advising in commercial matters with an IP emphasis. Our clients are involved in cutting edge innovations and developments, and they rely on the Commercial Group to protect, pursue and provide advice on IP/IT matters at crucial stages of business growth and development.
Key areas of work and responsibilities will include…
- Working on IP development and commercialisation agreements, licensing and assignment documentation
- Consultancy and professional services agreements
- Confidentiality agreements and contract variations
- Advising on intellectual property and privacy related matters
- Drafting and reviewing website and software agreements as well as a wide range of commercial, consultancy agreements
You will be…
A natural born leader looking to continue developing an experienced commercial team. You will have extensive experience in contract, licensing and trade practice law. You will have proven skills in addressing negotiations and taking action in complex commercial matters. An understanding of IT and technology matters, including IT contracts and licensing would be an asset. Experience in copyright matters would also be desirable. You will be driven to seek out business development opportunities and mentor those around you to develop and utilise these skills.
You will have…
- Experience leading a senior team of commercial IP/IT law specialists
- A strong background in IP/IT practice, drafting agreements, in addition to negotiating legal and commercial issues
- Strong research, analytical and communication skills with some knowledge of IP law to prepare commercially focused advice and recommendations, and
- A desire for challenging and interesting work, in a collaborative team environment
- Enthusiasm for our development program which provides business acumen and management learning.
If you are a motivated, enthusiastic leader seeking an opportunity to grow your IP/IT career we would like to hear from you.
Please forward your curriculum vitae, covering letter and academic transcripts in confidence, to email@example.com
Alternatively, contact Jenita Harrison, People & Development Manager (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close Monday October 31, 2016
We prefer to deal with you directly. Applications put forward by agencies will not be considered at this time.