Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trademark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks and designs both domestically and internationally.
About the role
An exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Business Development Manager to join POF and drive the development and implementation of our firm-wide business development and prospecting plans.
Joining our collaborative Business Development and Marketing team, your strong initiative, client-focus, and strategic approach will enable you to work closely with POF’s Principals, attorneys and management, across a diverse range of business development projects.
- Proven experience in a Business Development role with 2-3 years at manager level within a professional, academic or science environment
- A proactive and ‘solutions-focused’ approach that identifies and seizes opportunities to achieve our targets for growth
- A passion for sales with proven experience and ability to prospect and sell in all market conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills and a relationship driven approach to business partnerships
- Efficiency in the management and execution of tenders
Your main responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing business development strategies in line with the firm’s strategic objectives
- Providing ongoing guidance and support to senior members at the firm in pursuing business development opportunities
- Identifying market prospects by keeping abreast of current business trends, commercial sponsorship activities, lead generation opportunities and networking
- Developing and maintaining a database pertaining to key information on potential clients and opportunities
- End-to-end management of tenders in consultation with Client Relationship Managers and the General Manager
- Conducting & overseeing research on opportunities and preparing associated reports, findings, and recommendations to senior members at the firm
About our workplace
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Purchased annual leave
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Generous Leave provisions (pandemic, vaccine, family violence paid leave)
- Reward & Recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
How to Apply
Apply via seek by clicking here.
For more information, contact Rachele Narayan, P&D Coordinator on (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB 12 November 2021. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.