About the role
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is looking for a patent professional to join our rapidly growing Chemistry and Life Sciences team in Sydney. Registered Australian patent attorney candidates with up to 4 years post-Patent Attorney registration experience will be considered.
The ideal candidate must be degree and PhD qualified in biotechnology (e.g. molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a related field).
Industry experience where you have applied your knowledge of biotechnology will be highly regarded.
You must have:
- strong analytical and problem-solving abilities,
- exceptional technical knowledge,
- an eye for detail,
- excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- advanced Computer skills and database researching skills,
- business acumen and willingness to engage with existing and prospective clients.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications in Australia and internationally,
- Preparing high quality written and verbal IP advice in a timely manner,
- Patent portfolio management for local and international clients,
- Preparing and delivering presentations internally and externally,
- Participating in networking events, seminars and business development activities.
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Hobart. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs both domestically and internationally.
About our workplace
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Purchased annual leave
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Generous Leave provisions (pandemic, vaccine, family violence paid leave)
- Reward & Recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply through SEEK.
For more information, contact Rachele Narayan, P&D Coordinator on (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB 29 October 2021. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.