About the role
We are currently seeking a highly organised & pro-active Administrative Assistant to work with our principals and attorneys, predominantly in the engineering team, to help them manage their practices, provide them with high-quality support and assist in delivering an exceptional client experience.
This full-time role based in the Melbourne CBD will provide an individual with exposure to various practice groups across the firm, working with our bespoke IP document management system to ultimately help our clients transform their creativity and innovations into commercial edge.
Reporting to the principals in the engineering team, key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of documents and correspondence
- Managing workflows as assigned by our bespoke document management system
- Working responsively and flexibly to meet client special requirements/instructions
- Timely and highly organised file management
- Accurate and efficient typing and dictations
- Coordination of monthly billing process
- General team administration and
- Providing administrative assistance to other practice teams as required
You are an experienced administrator (ideally with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar professional services environment).
You take ownership and responsibility for tasks and love improving ways of working.
You are a team player with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
And you will also possess:
- Superior organisation skills
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Technical proficiency with various IT applications and experience in MS Office
- The ability to multi-task and work collaboratively across teams
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills with the ability to deliver results within specific timeframes
- Demonstrated adaptability, initiative, and prioritisation skills
- IP Assistant experience valued but not essential
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, our Melbourne office located centrally on 333 Collins Street. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs both domestically and internationally.
We operate at the forefront of innovation and technology, providing our people with opportunities to contribute to real and rewarding outcomes. Our client base is diverse and ranges from individual inventors through to leading multinational corporations.
We are committed to fostering a culture of engagement and collaboration, where our people feel supported and empowered in their roles.
Our inclusive culture enables us to perform at a high level, ensuring we can provide our clients with considered and innovative outcomes. POF was officially recognised as an Inclusive Employer 2021-22 by the Diversity Council of Australia.
About our workplace
On a day-to-day basis, we work with innovative clients to protect their ideas and inventions locally and internationally.
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our people bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive, inclusive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Gender-neutral paid parental carers leave
- Salary continuance
- Generous Leave provisions (pandemic, vaccine, family violence paid leave)
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Reward & Recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
Should you require any specific support or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us and we will be happy to assist.
How to Apply
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.