About the role
An exciting opportunity is available for a registered Trade marks attorney to join our rapidly growing and highly successful trade marks team in Sydney. The position on offer can be undertaken on a part-time basis (3 or 4 days per week) or full-time.
The successful candidate will work closely with our existing local and foreign client base, while continuing to develop and grow a portfolio of work.
- At least 5 years’ post-registration experience as a Trade marks Attorney,
- Solid understanding of the prosecution process, opposition proceedings and the enforcement of trade mark rights,
- Exceptional technical knowledge,
- An eye for detail,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Advanced computer skills and database researching skills,
- Business acumen and willingness to engage with existing and prospective clients.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing trade mark projects and clients end to end,
- Conducting research on trade marks and preparing associated reports, findings, and recommendations to senior members at the firm,
- Handling prosecution and opposition work in Australia and overseas,
- Working with your Practice Team Leader to identify strategies to continue to grow the trade mark practice client base,
- Prosecution of other related IP matters such as domain name disputes, copyright queries and IP Settlement Agreements,
- Representing clients at Hearings before the Registrar of trade marks.
Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) is a privately owned patent and trade mark attorney firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Hobart. Our main business is in the procurement of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs both domestically and internationally.
About our workplace
POF prides itself on valuing its people and the diversity and innovative thinking our employees bring to our business. Our culture is built on principles of inclusion, respect and integrity. Our employees enjoy challenging work in a collegial team-based environment with a genuine work/life balance.
Apart from working in a supportive and welcoming environment, POF employees enjoy access to a range of benefits and initiatives including:
- Purchased annual leave
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Generous Leave provisions (pandemic, vaccine, family violence paid leave)
- Reward & Recognition program including discretionary bonuses
We encourage and welcome applications from people living with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+ people, all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
How to Apply
Apply via SEEK here.
For more information, contact Rachele Narayan, P&D Coordinator on (03) 9614 1944 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close COB 22 December 2021. Please note, the application process may close earlier than the listed date.
Agencies, please note: All vacancies are managed by our People & Development team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred Recruitment Agency providers.