We are pleased to announce a number of exciting changes at our Adelaide office. Our strength in the life sciences has grown significantly over the past year.
- In February, we welcomed back leading biotechnologist, Dr Justin Dibbens. Justin has over 30 years of experience in biotechnology. Having previously run his own IP practice, Justin is well known in the Adelaide biotech community as a leader in his field.
- More recently, fellow biotechnologist Dr Leigh Guerin qualified as a patent attorney. Leigh has experience with a large range of biomedical technologies and has previously worked as a post-doctoral research fellow at Harvard University.
- And in July biotechnologist Dr Scott Whitmore was appointed a Partner of the firm. Scott has considerable academic and commercial research experience in the biotechnology field, having majored in biochemistry and pharmacology in his undergraduate degree, and working on a range of research projects through his employment at a leading Adelaide hospital.
There has also been recognition for our broader Adelaide team:
- Electrical Engineer Raffaele Calabrese was recently promoted to Senior Associate. Raffaele has a strong technical background in electrical and electronic engineering and has a Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Trade Marks Attorney, Michelle Betschart was recently promoted to Associate. Michelle advises both local and overseas clients on all aspects of trade mark registrability, searching, filing strategies and protection.
POF is one of the most diversely qualified IP firms in Adelaide. We take great pride in providing a tailored local service to our clients.
Head of the Adelaide office Greg Bartlett says, “The development and growth of the professionals here in Adelaide over the last few years has been very pleasing for myself and our Deputy Managing Partner, Karen Spark to watch. We have a great blend of youth and experience with Leigh registering as a patent attorney, Justin returning to the firm, and the increasing expertise of Scott, Michelle and Raffaele. Most importantly, it is our local clients who will see the benefits of the growth at POF Adelaide, as we continue to expand and strengthen our professional capabilities and service offering to clients.”
Well done POF Adelaide!