Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- Office location
- Service location
- Electronics, Physics and IT
- Service areas
- Clean Technology
- Elec. Engineering
- ICT & Software
- Analytical instrumentation
- Mapping technologies
- Optical security devices
- Signal processing Electronics
- Smart mining
- Bachelor of Science, University of Melbourne, 1999
- Bachelor of Geomatics (Hons), University of Melbourne, 2000
- Registered Australian and New Zealand Patent Attorney, 2003
- Registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney, 2003
- Graduate Diploma Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne, 2004
- Graduate, AICD, Company Directors Course, 2018
- Direct telephone
- +61 3 9622 2209
- Year joined
- Year qualified
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow)
- The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc.
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association – Councillor
- Download vCard for Saskia
Saskia is the firm’s Electronics, Physics and IT (EPIT) team leader and has over 15 years’ experience in intellectual property (IP). Saskia has extensive experience in preparing patent specifications, multi-jurisdictional patent prosecution and providing patentability and FTO opinions across a range of technologies including electronic devices, renewable energy, telecommunications, microelectromechanical structures, spectroscopic equipment, analytical instrumentation, optical security devices, signal processing, medical devices, software and FinTech.
Saskia has worked with a large range of clients including Universities, Research Organisations, SMEs, individuals and global corporations to develop strategies for the protection of IP locally and in foreign jurisdictions. She also handles the trade mark portfolios of a number of local clients and has considerable experience in advising trade mark owners on trade mark issues including registrability and infringement, particularly in the Asia Pacific region.
Saskia has been recognised as a leading practitioner in the 2019 IAM Patent 1000.