Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- Office location
- Service locations
- Trade Marks
- Service areas
- Trade Marks
- Clean Technology
- Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
- IP Research
- International Trade Mark Registrations
- National Trade Mark Registrations
- Search Analysis
- Bachelor of Science, Monash University, 1983
- Bachelor of Law, Monash University, 1985
- Admitted to legal practice in 1985
- Registered Australian and New Zealand Patent and Trade Marks Attorney, 1992
- Direct telephone
- +613 9622 2225
- Year joined
- Year qualified
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow)
- The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc.
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Corporate Lawyers Association
- European Communities Trade Mark Association
- Download vCard for Russell
Prior to joining the firm, Russell worked as a solicitor with a major Melbourne law firm. His practice encompasses all aspects of trade marks, including searching and advising on the registrability of marks, applying for and obtaining registration of marks in Australia and overseas, and enforcement of trade mark rights.
His clients include local and overseas businesses, including multinational corporations in the stationery, clothing, cosmetic, IT, confectionery and automotive industries.
Russell has ranked as one of Australia’s top trade marks attorneys in the World Trademark Review 1000 since its inaugural edition in 2011. He was recognised as an ‘IP Star’ in the field of trade marks in the Managing IP – IP Stars surveys of 2014 – 2018, and Euromoney Investor’s Expert Guides 2018. He has also received awards in the International Law Office Client Choice Awards 2013 for Australia in the Intellectual Property – Trade Marks category, and for ‘Leading Trademark Lawyer of the Year Australia’ in the ACQ Finance Magazine Law Awards 2012. He is regularly invited to speak on trade marks related topics at the Leo Cussen Institute and legal professional development seminars, and is an honorary senior fellow at the University of Melbourne, where he lectures in Trade Marks Practice.
Russell has been recognised as a leading practitioner in the WTR 1000 2019, and as an IP Star in the MIP IP Stars 2019.