Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- Office location
- Service locations
- Electronics, Physics and IT
- Service areas
- Electrical engineering
- ICT and Software
- Business methods
- Electromechanical control fields
- Fibre optics
- Information technology infringement
- Solar technology
- Wireless communications
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Hons),University of Melbourne, 1983
- Registered Australian and New Zealand Patent and Trade Marks Attorney, 1998
- Direct telephone
- +613 9622 2212
- +613 9614 1867
- Year joined
- Year qualified
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow)
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc.
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Asian Patent Attorney Association
Ross has considerable experience in patent drafting, infringement and opposition work in both Australia and New Zealand. He specialises in patenting all aspects of electronics, communications, software, control and security systems, information technology, optics and microelectromechanical structures in a wide variety of industries.
Ross began his professional career with Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) in 1987 as a Technical Assistant. In 1991, he moved to Europe where he worked with The Swatch Group in Switzerland as an in-house patent attorney.
Ross re-joined POF in 2006 as a Partner of the firm. He has been identified in the ALB Intellectual Property Law Guide (March 2009) for his technology expertise.