Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- Office location
- Service locations
- Electronics, Physics and IT
- Service areas
- Elec. Engineering
- ICT & Software
- Business methods
- Electromechanical control fields
- Fibre optics
- Information technology infringement
- Solar technology
- Wireless communications
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Hons),University of Melbourne, 1983
- Registered Australian and New Zealand Patent and Trade Marks Attorney, 1998
- Direct telephone
- +613 9622 2212
- Year joined
- Year qualified
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow)
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Asian Patent Attorney Association
- Download vCard for Ross
Ross began his professional career as a Technical Assistant with Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick (POF) in 1987. In 1991, he moved to Europe where he worked with The Swatch Group in Switzerland as an in-house patent attorney. After returning to Australia in the late 90s, Ross worked as a patent and trademarks attorney before re-joining POF as a Partner in 2006.
Ross has considerable expertise in patent drafting, prosecution, infringement and opposition work. He specialises in patenting all aspects of electronics, communications, software, IT, optics and microelectromechanical structures in a wide variety of industries.
Appointed as Managing Partner in 2016, Ross now leads his team in the development and delivery of business initiatives to best achieve the POF Group’s Strategic Objectives. Commercially minded with a client centric outlook, Ross is focused upon ensuring POF is the IP partner for business success.
Shortlisted as a finalist in the IP Category of the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year (Australia) Awards in both 2016 and 2018, Ross has also been named as an IP Star in the 2018 Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars Handbook. He is an active member of IPTA, FICPI and AIPPI.
Ross has been recognised as a leading practitioner in the 2019 IAM Patent 1000.