Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- Office location
- Service locations
- Regional NSW
- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Service areas
- ICT & Software
- Materials Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Technology and Devices
- Inorganic chemistry including organometallics and catalysts
- Organic chemistry including synthetic chemistry
- Specialty chemicals and agrochemicals
- Analytical Science including separation and purification
- Nanotechnology including nanofabrication and patterning-related technologies
- Surface chemistry including surface modification techniques
- Materials science
- Master of Industrial Property – University of Technology, Sydney, 2007
- PhD Chemistry – University of Manchester, Institute of Science & Technology (UMIST), Manchester, 1995
- Registered Australian Patent and Trade Mark Attorney, 2009
- Registered New Zealand Patent and Trade Mark Attorney, 2016
- Direct telephone
- +61 2 9285 2900
- Year joined
- Year qualified
- Fellow of The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Download vCard for Jon
Jon brings invaluable international and local IP-related experience to POF. His experience extends to seven years scientific research work in Japan, intellectual property management in the UK, and broad-ranging patent and trade marks attorney experience in both Sydney and Melbourne.
Jon has a broad range of expertise across a number of major technical fields including chemistry, medical devices, mechanical engineering, software and business methods. Jon also specialises in inkjet printing technology, specifically, micro/nano-fabrication techniques, biosensor technologies and polymer chemistry.
Jon completed a Bachelor of Sciences with first class Honours from the University of Essex, a PhD in Chemistry from the University of Manchester, and a Masters of Intellectual Property from the University of Technology in Sydney. Jon has also published over 30 international peer-reviewed scientific journals. In addition to Jon’s outstanding academic achievements, he has worked as an Intellectual Property Manager for Xennia in the UK, where he was responsible for managing their IP portfolio and identifying key areas of inkjet printing related technology for exploitation.
Jon has also spent a number of years in private practice where he was responsible for managing large patent portfolios for clients across a wide range of technologies.