Patent and Trade Marks Attorney, Lawyer
- Office location
- Service location
- Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick Lawyers
- Service areas
- Legal Services
- Plant Breeder's Rights/Variety Rights
- Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
- Domain Names
- Life Sciences
- Plants and Agriculture
- Brand Protection
- Bachelor of Science (Hons), University of Melbourne, 2003
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Melbourne, 2003
- Legal Practicing Certificate, 2004
- Registered Australian and New Zealand Trade Marks Attorney, 2006
- Registered Australian and New Zealand Patent Attorney, 2007
- Master of Laws (Intellectual Property), Monash University, 2007
- Direct telephone
- +61 3 9622 2227
- Year joined
- Year qualified
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (Fellow)
- The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc.
- The Australian Corporate Lawyers Association
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Download vCard for David
David began his career with Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick Lawyers in 2003 as an articled clerk, and was admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria and the Federal and High Courts of Australia in 2004. He was subsequently registered as a trade marks attorney in 2006 and a patent attorney in 2007.
David gained First Class Honours in Science through the Department of Paediatrics with a project at the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, and worked for three years as a Research Assistant in the Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine at Monash University.
David works in all areas of intellectual property (IP) litigation and has experience in patent, designs, copyright, trade marks and trade practice matters. He has a particular interest in life sciences, and has been involved in major patent litigation in the chemical, biotechnology and pharmaceutical areas.
David also has experience in relation to non-contentious IP work and is involved in brand protection, as well as opposition matters before the Patent and Trade Marks Office.