- Office location
- Service locations
- Regional NSW
- Chemistry and Life Sciences
- Service areas
- Life Sciences
- Materials Science
- Medical Technology and Devices
- Inorganic chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Analytical science and instrumentation
- Macromolecular chemistry
- Medicinal chemistry
- Medical technology
- Food processing and technology and nutrition
- Environmental technology
- Mining and gas processing
- BSc(Hons) – National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG), 1996
- PhD Chemistry – National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG), 2000
- Chartered Patent Attorney (UK) 2009
- Irish Qualified Patent & Trade Mark Attorney 2009
- European Qualified Community Trade Mark & Design Attorney
- European Qualified Patent Attorney 2011
- Registered Australian Patent Attorney 2015
- Registered New Zealand Patent Attorney 2015
- Direct telephone
- +61 2 9285 2906
- Year joined
- Year qualified
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (UK)
- Overseas Member of the Association of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys (IE)
- The Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
Mary is an Irish, UK and European qualified patent attorney with over a decade’s experience in IP. She is also a qualified Irish and Community trademark and design attorney (EU), and an Australian and New Zealand patent attorney.
Mary specialises in protecting life sciences, chemical, therapeutics and medical technology inventions.
Expertise includes providing patentability and FTO opinions, preparing patent specifications, multi-jurisdictional patent prosecution, as well as litigation support.
Mary is proud of her commercial/business focus and comfort in dealing with a diverse range of technologies such as chemistry, biotechnology, biochemistry, pharmacology, therapeutic, drug delivery, drug formulation, medical device, biomedical, analytical instrumentation, food chemistry, polymer chemistry and cosmetic technologies.
Being multi-jurisdictionally qualified, Mary’s approach is strategically focused, taking a hands-on role in the development and management of global patent portfolios, giving clients advice where necessary for optimising protection internationally, as well as for enforcement and licensing opportunities. This is particularly in Europe, Ireland and the UK, where Mary has an established network of experienced contacts.
Mary has assisted several pharma clients in securing pharmaceutical patent term extensions under the European Supplementary Protection Certificate system. She also has strong relationship skills and driving client satisfaction and confidence are strong motivators in her professional career.